Ordering Info

Take a look at some of my creations and what's on the menu at www.heartofthebatter.com

To order cakes, cupcakes or cake pops please contact me at carina@heartofthebatter.com

You can also find me on facebook by searching Heart of the Batter

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Peach & Tomato Muffins - Recipe

3 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt
4 tbsp. confectioners/icing sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 lightly beaten egg
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
2 ripe medium peaches, sliced
3 tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes

1. Preheat the oven to 400F. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a spoon. In a large bowl, beat the butter, egg, and buttermilk with an electric mixer on low-medium speed for 1 minute. Add the flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture, stirring with a whisk until nearly combined. Stir in the peaches and tomatoes until well combined.  Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into each well of a muffin tin lined with baking cups. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and cool for  minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack for an additional 25 minutes.

Makes approximately 12 muffins

Although peach and tomato seem like an unusual combination, they taste wonderful together in these muffins! Give them a try, and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

  1. My recipe is almost identical and I looove these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment Jo, I love when people send me feedback on the recipes they've tried! Most of the recipes are unique and quite healthy, and make reasonable servings like 6 or 12 and work well for 'the family baker' like myself!

    ReplyDelete